Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Gap Year Weeks 4 & 5: an update: I need change

Hi dear readers!

I'm so sorry for skipping the Gap Year Post of last week, I just really wasn't feeling it and I thought I didn't have anything interesting to share with you.
However, then I realised that the fact that I was feeling down and felt like I had nothing to share was actually what I should be writing about on here. I knew that when I decided to drop out of uni this would eventually happen to me. I mean, being stuck at home day in day out isn't exactly something that can make you happy, at least, I don't think so.

Although I haven't been bored for one single day (well done, me), I have been thinking. a lot. way too much actually. Because I don't have a lot to do I do have a lot time to think, and I really worried way too much about my future. This gap year is like a clean slate to me and I took it hoping that I would get the chance to develop myself more, considering knowledge about all kinds of things (inlcuding myself), skills I want to learn and experiences I want to gain. Being home and doing things I like surely adds up to that, but I found myself thinking instead of doing most of the time. This is such a mind-killer I guess, because it can easily get you into a downward spiral of dark thoughts and worries. That is something that I've realised now, and I now also know that if I do want to get the best out of this year and do everything I can to pursue my goals, I will need to stand up from my chair and start doing something. That is definitely what I'm aiming for right now, and that includes this blog. I really enjoy writing and I want to try my best to make my post more interesting to read, and also to add better pictures to them. I hope you will stick with me as I sort all of this out, and that I soon will be able to write about all kinds of adventures on here.


Lots of Love,

Leyla

No comments:

Post a Comment