Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Gap Year Week 3: Fair & Food

Hey guys!

This post is about last week, the third week of my gap year. Again, I can't believe it is only three weeks ago since I quit university. On one hand, time has gone really fast, but on the other, really slow since I feel like I've been at home for months (actually, that's almost true if you would forget about the three weeks I spent at school between my actual summer holidays and the gap year ;). 

Last week wasn't a very special week. I honestly don't even remember most of the things I did because they probably weren't that special. I do want to share with you that I'm still reading Les Misérables and that I'm also still enjoying it. I'm trying hard to finish it as soon as possible so that I can write a review for you guys. 

Another thing that I want to do a review about soon is films. I watched the 80's film Pretty In Pink last week. I absolutely love all kinds of old films and this one had been on my list for quite some time. It was fun to watch and my love for films makes me want to write reviews about them on here, so hopefully that will be happening soon.

One slightly bigger thing I did last week for which I actually had to get out of the house, was going to a funfair just across the German border, which I live very close to. They have this yearly fair over there which is the biggest one I've ever been to. They have loads of amusement attractions and even a rollercoaster. One thing that is even a bigger part of the fair than the attractions, is the food. I swear there was more food over there than other attractions, which I honestly loved. All the food-stands looked so pretty and the whole atmosphere was just lovely, it reminded me of a Christmas fair, a thing that is also quite big in Germany. Me and my friend had way too much food over there, but I think I could afford eating so much since I had just been riding my bike to his house, which took me more than an hour.

Just to give you an impression of how delicious all the food was, here are some pictures. The first one is a fried 'potato spiral' dipped in herbs, this was sooo good! But I especially loved the churros on the right picture. I had been looking forward to eating them on Saturday during the entire week because they were so good the last time I had them at the same funfair.



On Sunday, I went to see two of my other friends, and again, there was food. We made pizza together and it was absolutely delicious. I hadn't had pizza in months and so this was so good. I avoid consuming lactose since I have a hard time digesting it but I found cheese without lactose and so I was able to eat a pizza again. Since I hadn't eaten it in such a long time it was the most delicious pizza ever. We got the dough at the supermarket, then put whatever we liked on it and put in in the oven. It was super easy to make and like I already wrote; so.good. Afterwards, we watched a movie and we had some soy ice cream, which was actually pretty tasty.

I don't have a lot more interesting things to tell you about last week, so I won't make this post any longer than this. Hopefully you like my blogs so far. I feel like my posts aren't that exciting yet but I'll hopefully write some reviews and maybe some fashion stuff soon!

Hoping everyone has a good week so far!

Xx Leyla

No comments:

Post a Comment