Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Gap Year Week 1: Thrift Shopping & Sore Fingers

Hi! So I'm having this idea to do a 'gap year post' every week to tell you how I'm spending all the free time I have, because although there is a lot I want to do, you can probably imagine there are moments when I feel a little lost in all that free time. So in these posts I will write about the highlights of every week, which sort of bring structure into my life.

I'm trying to go out of the house everyday, sometimes to take a walk, to visit a friend or to join my family when they're going somewhere. Last week, I had some stuff to pick up at an acquaintance's house in a city halfway where I used to go to university. Also, my bike was still at the train station there so I had to take it back home too. This was an ideal excuse to get out of the house and get active for a bit. I took the train to the city and before taking my stuff and going back home I took a little walk along the riverside and enjoyed the view. After that, I went back to the train station and then had to struggle to take my bike in and out of the train, which was kind of awkward. I was pretty tired when I came home, but also happy I had my daily dose of exercise without having to go to the gym, which I honestly dislike.



On Tuesday, me and my mom went to a thrift shop nearby to take a look around and see if we couldfind some nice things to take home. I just love to go thrift shopping, whether it's for clothes or other stuff. It's just a really good feeling to walk around a thrift shop and then find something really nice and cheap. I walked around the store a little and suddenly I stumbled upon a really cute analog photo camera. I immediately fell in love with it, especially because it came in a beautiful leather 'case.' I'm still thinking about buying a DSLR camera, but this little one I couldn't resist taking home. Also, it was only about 7 euro's. Maybe that was because it might be broken, but they didn't test it at the store and I just couldn't resist. If it doesn't work, I'll use it as a decoration for my bedroom. 

This week, I also finally found the time and motivation to start playing on my guitar again. I have been playing for about a year right now and I genuinely am in love with it. Every time I'm playing I just feel so relaxed. However, because of all the college-stress I hadn't played in a month and starting again was a little hard because of that. The skin of my fingers wasn't really tough anymore and so pressing down the strings was a little painful. I also just had to get used to playing again and pick up where I left off a month ago. Anyways, after some days of playing I felt my fingers toughen up again and things got better.


To finish off the week, I went to visit my friend after he came back from school. I went to the city of his college and we walked around the centre for a while, getting in and out of stores. Unfortunately I had to keep myself from buying anything because I don't have a job at the moment and therefore can't really afford to do a lot of shopping.
In the evening we went to a really nice restaurant to have dinner, which was great. It was really nice to see a friend since I'm alone most of the time because everyone is at school or work, and we had a lovely time. We took the bus home and during the traveling we talked a lot about music and art, which was really good to talk about since it interests us both. Then, on Friday evening I went to visit another friend, who just started college. She was back home and we cooked some dinner together and then watched a movie. We watched 'The Call' which is kind of a thriller with creepy 'horror-elements' in it and we sort of incited ourselves during watching, which made it even scarier but also really funny. Then, Sunday came and this was a really boring day, where I didn't do much at all so I won't bother you with that ;)

So, that was last week for me. I hope you had a great week too! 

Lots of love,


Leyla

P.S. I'm on Bloglovin' too, follow me here:

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment